What is the Digital Economy?
This is a question I would have been asking, not too long ago. Never did I imagine having an Online Business and earning an income from just my laptop. But that’s just one of the benefits of the digital economy.
Running your own online business gives you power to set your own income goals. Imagine if you could write your own paycheque. Using the internet your online business can work 24/7. Think how it would feel waking up in the morning to find you have earnt money while asleep.
How much better can it get?
If you thought your current job was safe. But suddenly you are redundant. How long financially could you survive? What about the emotional toll it brings you? Recovery from this can take a long time…
The fact is in the traditional economy; more businesses fail than succeed.
Regardless of your skillset, finding another job is not always as simple as it sounds once you’ve been out of work for a period of time. It’s much easier to find a job when you’ve got one.
Everyone knows that in the traditional economy, you’re employed and you work for an agreed amount. You are given set hours – which let’s face it, you’re always exceeding with no extra pay.
Unless you are fortunate to be paid overtime or awarded a decent bonus or promotion, your income is set. And have you noticed how your pay increase (if you’re lucky enough to get one) always falls short to all other increases in living?
I am determined to never be dependent on an employer nor a single income stream ever again. I don’t ever want to feel like you’re held to ransom for your survival.
Here’s my quick comparison of the Traditional Economy vs the Digital economy.
- Sacrifice time away from family
- Long commutes in traffic
- Being told what to do and when
- Work long hours
- Set income
- Paid for the hours you work
- Restricted 4 weeks annual leave a year
- No more sacrificing time with your family or missing out on special days at school No traffic to get to work – except if you choose your local coffee shop as your office today You can work wherever you want – all you need is an internet connection and a smart phone, tablet, laptop and you have yourself an office You set your work hours – No more 9 to 5!
- No one looking at you if you come into work late, how much time you take to have a coffee, lunch break etc.
- You’re the boss! – let’s face it, you’re probably going to be tougher on yourself than anyone else Income potential is limitless – by leveraging the power of the internet, your business works for you 24/7!
- Take holidays when you want as long as you want I know which I prefer. And I know what you’re thinking. It sounds great, but is it possible? After the training I’ve been through, my response is… ABSOLUTELY! But be prepared to work hard.
The pleasure of setting up an online business is that you can do it while you’re employed or contemplating going back to work. And gradually, as your business grows and generates enough income, you can cut back your hours and work part-time if you choose.
Imagine how fulfilling it would be if you could tell your boss to ‘stick his job’ because you have now established your own online business which is generating income from multiple income streams.
I am working towards never being held ransom to a single source again. In today’s digital economy, it’s just crazy to think that working a 9 to 5 job is your only option. Rather than looking at this idea impossible, start looking at what’s required to make it possible. And be honest, because saying you don’t want to sacrifice your down time in the evening after working all day long is a weak excuse. Remember, this is a short-term sacrifice for a long-term dream!
If you want to find out how to achieve the freedom and lifestyle a successful online business can offer you then CLICK HERE to receive instant access to the FREE 7-day video series that explains it all.
Now go and write down what your ideal day would be if you had the freedom of having your own successful online business.