You have just designed and launched your website and now it is time to start driving traffic to it.
Here are 17 ways you can explore to start getting visitors to your website:
1. Add extra subjects to your web site. Most free ad sites only allow you to submit your web site to one category. This will allow you to submit it to many.
2. Increase the perceived value of your product by making your offer scarce. You could use limited time bonuses, low prices, low quantities, etc.
3. Find out who your competition is. See what they do and then offer better products or service. It’ll be the reason why people buy your products and not theirs.
4. Sell your products or services to a specific niche market. Find groups or clubs that can benefit from your products or service. Try Boy Scouts, youth groups, elderly etc.
5. Test your advertising and marketing. You’ll save time, money and big headaches promoting the right offer to the right group of people.
6. Persuade visitors to buy your product by “becoming a fortune teller”. Tell them what’ll happen with their life in the future if they buy or don’t buy. This is a type of “reverse-testimonial” that works well.
7. Offer a free trial of your product for a set period of time. Don’t charge or bill them until they decide to buy it. This’ll take away any risks or questions that they may have.
8. Create other web sites that draw your initial target audience. Then you can lead your prospects to your main web site by linking to your other web sites. Also, by having multiple website, your overall search ranking will improve.
9. Inform people about your site or freebie through e-mail announce lists. You can find them by typing “e-mail announce lists” in any search engine.
10. Maximize the effectiveness of your banner ads. Don’t just use the same ad on every banner, use a variety to attract the greatest number of clickers. Make changes to the colors, logos, fonts etc, and figure out what works best.
11. Make your web site load much faster by cutting down on the number banner ads and start using more buttons. Button ads are also smaller and take up less space.
12. Offer free advertising space to well known and respected companies on your web site. Sometimes people link their business credibility to yours.
13. Offer people a free telephone consultation before they order your product. When they get to know you personally, it could convert to more sales.
14. Find a charity your target audience would likely support. Tell people on your ad copy that you will give a percentage of the profits to that charity.
15. Hold a “buy the most wins contest” on your web site. Tell people each monthly winner will get their entire purchase refunded.
16. Interview people related to your industry and get their legal permission to convert it to an article. Promote your web site by submitting it to ezines.
17. Put a testimonial page on your website. People LOVE to see themselves in print. Encourage customers to leave testimonials about the products & reward them with e-coupons towards future purchases.
There are many more techniques as taught by my mentors but this will be a good place to start.