Welcome back and here is Issue 3 as promised.
The Online Tool Box
In the interests of this short report, we’re going to start listing the tools, evaluating them on our criteria, and giving you a link where you can go to access or buy them. We may not be able to put up your favorite tools, but it’s a good start for anyone who is thinking about seriously competing online with other online vendors.
This is a great all-around tool for webmasters and people who market online. It helps you to find keywords, see what your competitors are doing, and more importantly for this category, it helps you to automatically submit your pages to multiple search engines.
Tool Category : Traffic
- Easy To Use: There is some learning that you have to do with the interface. And it’s not highly intuitive, but easy enough to learn. It’s not a simple point-and-click tool. It’s very feature rich, and well worth spending time learning it.
- Solves A Customer’s Problem: It helps to grab traffic from specific demographics by helping you generate keywords that will attract that traffic.
- Consistent Performance: Very solid performance.
- Simple Registration: Email signup.
- Manages Multiple Users Efficiently: Not Applicable.
- Great Customer Support: They do have customer support that you can count on.
- Creates Excitement/Interest: This tool is more for the background, and can generate interest through keywords, but it won’t be obvious to the customers. It will be obvious to you when your traffic surges in the right demographics.
There is a free and a paid version. Download the free version and give it a go. Make use of the webpage submission service to help you get better search engine ranking and exposure. This will increase traffic. Then, see if you want to plunk some money down for the paid version.
Comparison to your competitors stats and keywords is also available, making it easy to measure metrics to see how the tool is working for you.
Download at http://www.webceo.com
This is an online service that starts at $19.99/month, but comes with multiple tools to free up your time and help you market yourself better. It can help you generate and manage contacts and then go on to market them further with tools ranging from autoresponders to newsletters.
Tool Category: Contact Management
- Easy To Use: Since it’s a service, the people you hire do most of the work for you. They will walk you through things you need to do to optimize your direct email campaigns too.
- Solves A Customer’s Problem: It solves the problem of communication between you and the customer, without taking an inordinate amount of time out of your day.
- Consistent Performance: It is highly rated by Internet marketers.
- Simple Registration: Yes.
- Manages Multiple Users Efficiently: It excels at managing multiple subscribers, readers, fans, contacts, etc. They do charge more for managing more people, but that’s what they do best.
- Great Customer Support: You are a valued client and thus they do try to keep you happy.
- Creates Excitement/Interest: A good newsletter, sales promotion, email campaign with good attractive templates, all create excitement and interest from the people who want to stay in contact with you.
First 500 subscribers that they manage is $19.99. After that, the service charges more.
The service comes with testing tools and reports that help you see what’s working in your campaigns and what isn’t. With metrics like this, it can really help you fine tune your campaigns to get the most sales out of them.
Download at www.aweber.com .
In Issue 4 we will continue looking at the tools you should have in your toolbox so be sure to check back tomorrow.
Welcome back and here is Issue 2 as promised.
WHAT FEATURES WORK BEST ONLINE
Since tools will be either online services or scripts, the best tools have the following features:
Easy To Use
No one wants to spend a ton of time trying to get the tool to work.
Solves A Customer’s Problem
Any tool that gives better customer service, or provides a value-added feature to your customers is valuable to your business model.
Adopting a tool that works great one time and bombs another is a sure way to lose customers. Stick with established tools that have the bugs worked out of them already.
A good online tool will either have a very curt registration opt-in, like an email, or none at all, if it’s free.
Manages Multiple Users Efficiently
The idea is to attract tons of traffic, convert it to contacts, and start marketing it. If your tool does this, but performance drops off or you cannot keep up with multiple users efficiently, as an online marketer you might as well not use it.
Great Customer Support
Sometimes technical glitches can happen, even with the best of tools. You want to have a phone number, and AIM contact, or an email you can go to and send in a help support ticket to get your problems resolved.
A tool that creates buzz, excitement, fun and gets your users to participate in your website or offering is a great way to get noticed.
Obviously, you don’t want to spend a whole lot on tools and there are plenty of free tools out there. But, sometimes a little expense can be worth it if the benefits outweigh the costs.
If you are like most Internet marketers, you start out without a plan, and quickly realize that if you start setting goals that you are more likely to achieve them. So, you start to set goals, and then you realize that tools would be a good idea to help you achieve those goals. Some of these tools, you will be able to tell how it helps you to achieve your marketing goals, and others will have an impact that may be hard to measure.
However, tools that do let you see right away how they impact your goals of traffic, income, contact management, and advertising are preferable to those that may or may not be having any impact. That way you know that the time, effort, and money you devote to implementing and using a tool is going to give you a sound return on your investment. But, that doesn’t mean we’ve excluded tools that don’t have clear metrics, as some things can be hard to quantify on the Internet. It just means it’s always better to have some way to measure your success than just a gut feeling.
In Issue 3 we will look at The Online Toolbox so be sure to check back tomorrow.
How To Evaluate Online Business Tools For Marketers
There are myriads of online tools out there for marketers, but that doesn’t mean that they are all worth using. In order to figure out what tools would be the best to include in a short report, it’s important to understand what kinds of tools marketers want, what features work best online and why, how expensive a tool is, and how well it works to accomplish a marketing goal.
Going by these conditions, we’ve included some online marketing tools that we think every online marketer to should include in their toolbox, and we’ve offered you an evaluation of that tool to convince you to add it. But, first let’s discuss the criteria more in-depth, to give you an idea of what we think makes a useful and worthwhile marketing tool.
WHAT KIND OF TOOLS INTERNET MARKETERS WANT
If you are an Internet marketer, you know that what you are looking for is something to reduce your workload to help you create the following to your website and Internet offerings:
The number one thing any Internet marketer wants to achieve online is a good traffic count. Without traffic, there are no customers. Without customers, there are no sales. So, traffic has to be generated and any tool that helps a marketer automate that process is helpful. However, some go way beyond the “helpful” criteria to be actually POWERFUL traffic drivers. Those are the ones that you want to make sure to include in your tool kit. Some of these help you target demographics like a laser, others just get distributed in a fashion that drives traffic back to your site, regardless of demographic.
Another thing that marketers want are tools that help them generate income, manage income streams, or reduce expenses. Along with these tools are things that can produce products online that can be sold, shopping cart tools, and any other sort of revenue specific tool.
So, you have the traffic and you got some sources of income out, but you don’t know who is visiting your site? That’s because you need tools that help you harvest contacts and then market them via email or subscription campaigns. This is the mouth of your sales funnel and without these tools, you can end up doing a lot of marketing and never getting off the starting block to sales.
Promotion Tools that promote an Internet marketers business are essential to good online marketing. The Internet may be filled with millions of people, but that doesn’t mean your online exposure is sufficient to get the word out. Using tools that help you boost your exposure is one way that you can start creating an online image and brand yourself or your business.
Sound good? Obviously, even limiting the toolbox to these criteria there are still plenty of other tools out there that can be fun to use and/or stimulate interest in your business. But, we’ll also offer you some locations to check out tools being developed as they come off the assembly line, for those that want to move even further in adopting technologies for their websites.
In Issue 2 we will look at What Features Work Best Online so be sure to check back tomorrow.
You have just designed and launched your website and now it is time to start driving traffic to it.
Here are 17 ways you can explore to start getting visitors to your website:
1. Add extra subjects to your web site. Most free ad sites only allow you to submit your web site to one category. This will allow you to submit it to many.
2. Increase the perceived value of your product by making your offer scarce. You could use limited time bonuses, low prices, low quantities, etc.
3. Find out who your competition is. See what they do and then offer better products or service. It’ll be the reason why people buy your products and not theirs.
4. Sell your products or services to a specific niche market. Find groups or clubs that can benefit from your products or service. Try Boy Scouts, youth groups, elderly etc.
5. Test your advertising and marketing. You’ll save time, money and big headaches promoting the right offer to the right group of people.
6. Persuade visitors to buy your product by “becoming a fortune teller”. Tell them what’ll happen with their life in the future if they buy or don’t buy. This is a type of “reverse-testimonial” that works well.
7. Offer a free trial of your product for a set period of time. Don’t charge or bill them until they decide to buy it. This’ll take away any risks or questions that they may have.
8. Create other web sites that draw your initial target audience. Then you can lead your prospects to your main web site by linking to your other web sites. Also, by having multiple website, your overall search ranking will improve.
9. Inform people about your site or freebie through e-mail announce lists. You can find them by typing “e-mail announce lists” in any search engine.
10. Maximize the effectiveness of your banner ads. Don’t just use the same ad on every banner, use a variety to attract the greatest number of clickers. Make changes to the colors, logos, fonts etc, and figure out what works best.
11. Make your web site load much faster by cutting down on the number banner ads and start using more buttons. Button ads are also smaller and take up less space.
12. Offer free advertising space to well known and respected companies on your web site. Sometimes people link their business credibility to yours.
13. Offer people a free telephone consultation before they order your product. When they get to know you personally, it could convert to more sales.
14. Find a charity your target audience would likely support. Tell people on your ad copy that you will give a percentage of the profits to that charity.
15. Hold a “buy the most wins contest” on your web site. Tell people each monthly winner will get their entire purchase refunded.
16. Interview people related to your industry and get their legal permission to convert it to an article. Promote your web site by submitting it to ezines.
17. Put a testimonial page on your website. People LOVE to see themselves in print. Encourage customers to leave testimonials about the products & reward them with e-coupons towards future purchases.
There are many more techniques as taught by my mentors but this will be a good place to start.
I don’t think it’s any one thing that causes people to fail but it’s a combination of things.
Here are some things people do wrong that hastens their failure…
They get “info overkill!” It is a bad habit that is very common. People will buy everything new that comes out and they will do NOTHING with it. They become “professional buyers” and become inactive. A lot of them will buy ebooks they never read. You don’t have to know everything, you just have to know how to start. Take action and do something.
They have the wrong attitude. If you THINK you can’t succeed, you won’t! I am a firm believer that your mind believes what you continually tell it. If you think you are a failure, you will be a failure. If you think you can’t write an ebook, you won’t write an ebook. GIGO – Garbage In Garbage Out!
One word, “traffic!” You have to spend some time learning how to get traffic to your site. The only reason most people can’t learn “traffic generation” is laziness! Yes, laziness! There are SO many resources out there that there is no excuse for lack of knowledge.
Desperation! Some people are just too desperate and want to make money too fast. Online success is not something that lends itself to desperate people. It takes time to become an online success. It takes at least SOME money to become an online success. If you are desperate, the internet is not the place to try to make quick money. Get a job and work on the internet part-time.
You CAN make money online. You CAN become a successful internet entrepreneur. The main thing is that it takes patience and that is not something a lot of us have.
The Secrets To Success And Wealth
Success means different things to different people. Success can involve personal development or achieving financial security. To others, success can be getting that ‘dream job’. To others, an achievement can be related to personal life or family. Success basically means the achievement of something desired, planned, or attempted, and this may be in any aspect of one’s life.
In spite of the various ways through which success is defined, there are some common traits which successful people tend to have. Being successful requires a lot of discipline and commitment to work towards the attainment of the desired goals.
There are four specific factors which anyone will need to become successful.
1. Goals and plans. Successful people have clearly laid out goals which guide them along. These goals are broken down into measurable and achievable components, with the necessary actions for achieving these goals also stated. What do you want to achieve in one year, in two years? What exactly do you want to have? What will you need to do on a daily basis so that you can achieve those goals? If you want to become financially secure, maybe you need to start a home based business. What level of profits do you want to make with this business? What are you going to need to do to make this business a success and earn the money you want? All these questions must help you have clear goals and plans on what you want to achieve.
2. Optimism. Maintaining a positive attitude is very important because it will keep you motivated to work towards your goal. With a positive attitude, one can remain committed to the goals. Additionally, no temporary setbacks can discourage you; and you will not procrastinate doing what you must do to achieve your goals. A famous quote says “A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” A positive attitude also builds up courage and determination to go ahead and achieve your goals, whether it’s personal development or financial freedom. “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.”
3. Focus. In order to be successful, you must have undivided attention towards your goals. Successful people pursue their goals with complete dedication and commitment, and all their energy is focused on their goals. If you want to achieve your goals and become successful, you must be focused on your vision and goals. Do not lose that vision. Being focused will also help you constantly assess your progress, and make any necessary adjustments along the way.
4. Perseverance. This means persistence in any thing undertaken; continued pursuit or prosecution of any business or enterprise begun. In order to be successful, you will need to be determined to achieve your goals. Your success will not happen overnight. Also, you will face some discouragement, and these must not stop you from working towards your goals.
These 4 qualities set apart those who succeed in reaching their goals and those who fail. If you want to become successful or wealthy, you must have these qualities. It is worth it to make all the necessary adjustments in your mindset and personality so that you will have what it takes to become successful. It takes a lot of hard work and commitment to be successful. These qualities will help you achieve your goals, be they starting your own business, financial security or personal development.
These qualities are taught by my mentors and they have provided me with the training, tools, resources and support to ensure i remained focused on my online success.